Thursday, August 20, 2015

POUR / very berry kale smoothie


I've been waking up to so much more light. We moved into a new space a few weeks ago. We were living in a cramped one-bedroom for over a year and recently had some new inhabitants to our already small quarters. We made due, but there was always a sense of unease present. A feeling that our space was temporary and we never truly sunk in to making it our own. This new place, interestingly only a few doors down from our old apartment, has brought us so much expansion. Each room holds just a little more space and the light just streams in, inviting me to wake up a little bit earlier, which amazingly gave me a little more access to time alone. That sweet hour of time where I can inhabit my body, sit quietly on my mat, read from a book that's been begging me to pick it up, and begin to create a new daily routine.

This is my new absolutely favorite way to start the day, it's sweet yet packed full of greens and fiber.

Give yourself the gift of a really delicious and nourishing breakfast. See if it helps to shift your day and encourages your body to support you throughout it.

Very Berry Kale Smoothie

1/2-1 cup frozen fruit (we use the mixed fruit bag: mango, strawberries, and blueberries)
1 banana (if frozen, you can skip the extra ice)
2 whopping handfuls of kale (you can add spinach if you prefer)
1/2 cup of your most favorite yogurt
sprinkle in about 2 tablespoons of ground up chia or flax seeds
1/4 cup of orange juice (I usually add this by feel; I like a thicker smoothie, hence less OJ)
a few ice cubes if you'd like it to be a bit colder and icey in it's consistency

Add all ingredients into a strong blender (we use our Vitamix); be sure to place ice and larger fruit towards the bottom of the blender to encourage the blades to break that up first. Blend together and drink to your hearts content.

No comments:

Post a Comment