Monday, June 29, 2015

GATHER / pure joy


When was the last time you felt PURE JOY?

I was listening to one of my favorite podcasts, Being Boss [direct episode link here]. Kathleen and Emily were interviewing the incredibly inspiring Charlene Johnson. Charlene talked about creating goals to live a life we are proud and excited to live. Goals are my jam. I mean I JAMMMMMMM on goals, they make me tingle and giggly and so excited for the future ahead of me.

Charlene created this sheet that ranks ten areas of your life by....

One of my lowest scores categories was PURE JOY. I had to pause, digest, and get real....why and how am I putting joy on the back burner of my life?

So this week, in an effort to do something that would just light me up and put some of that joy in my heart, I purchased this gorgeous Anna Joyce clutch. It actually puts a smile on my face every time it makes it out of my bag. It felt so good to just buy something because it was beautiful and I knew it would continuously bring a smile to my face whenever I went somewhere.

Have you been keeping JOY off your to do list? Give in, just a little, treat yourself to that thing that would bring a huge smile to your face and a big sigh of surrender to all the hard work you've been doing. YOU DESERVE IT, you really really do.




No comments:

Post a Comment