Sunday, February 21, 2016

POUR / maple olive oil banana bread


Lately, I've been noticing that I do not spend any time in my kitchen. It's tiny and the walls are a blazing white. It's one of the least inspiring rooms in my home and as I dreamed about ways to make it all the more dreamy I got inspired to get my hands dirty. This receipt fit my kitchen without any effort. The bananas on my counter were almost fully black, the Greek yogurt in the fridge had just enough left for this recipe, and miraculously I had maple syrup in the fridge. It was a moment of baking synchronicity and moments like that should not be wasted. Let's bake some bread!

I hope you get to share this with someone you LOVE. Happy Sunday!

Maple Olive Oil Banana Bread from Tracy Benjamin, originally adapted from a Tara O'Brady recipe

1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 eggs
3 ripe bananas, mashed (the closer to black, the better)
1/2 cup Greek yogurt (I used Fage; we happened to have some in the fridge)
sprinkling of cinnamon sugar blend on top

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8x4 inch loaf pan. Set aside.

Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and spices in a medium bowl. Set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil and brown sugar, breaking up any lumps. Add the maple syrup and vanilla, whisking until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time and beat until fully incorporated. With a wooden spoons, stir in the mashed bananas, then added the Greek yogurt. Add the flour mixture to the liquids, stirring until just combined. Do not over mix. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Add a sprinkling of your cinnamon sugar blend on top!

Bake about 60-70 minutes, it took abut 65 minutes in my oven, until a inserted cake tester comes out clean. Remove from the oven, then let it cool for at least 10 minutes before removing and letting fully cool on a wire rack.

Enjoy with your favorite cup of coffee goodness for the perfect afternoon pick me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment